Moving away from Switzerland

Updated by Marco Barmettler

Do you have plans to leave Switzerland and wonder if this would affect your investments at Selma?

Unfortunately, due to regulatory requirements, we cannot offer portfolio management for customers abroad. For this reason, the Selma investment account must be closed when you leave Switzerland. This also applies when you move to an EU country.

Temporary departure

If you are only moving abroad for a limited time and you are coming back to Switzerland, please describe your situation to us and we will see what we can do.

And what happens with your pillar 3a?

If you move abroad permanently, this allows you to withdraw your Pillar 3a deposits prematurely. Alternatively, you can also leave your money invested in your pillar 3a account and only withdraw somewhen in the future. Partial payouts are not possible, even when you move abroad. New deposits to the pillar 3a account will no longer be possible. However, you could keep your existing 3a account with us.

What do I have to do now?

Please let us know if you have concrete plans to move away from Switzerland, so we can take the necessary steps and transfer your money.

As always, please reach out via chat and email in case you have any further questions.

How did we do?

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)